Mutual Expectations for a Meaningful Relationship
Our desire in serving clients is to develop the type of relationship where everyone wins. We want our clients to prosper as a result of our advice, counsel and insight. We believe our prosperity and ongoing relevance is rooted in the success of our clients. In turn, we seek professional fulfillment by seeing positive outcomes in the lives of our clients, their businesses and in our Community. In the spirit of supporting these objectives, we share the following expectations we believe will produce a meaningful and mutually beneficial relationship for us both.
What You Can Expect From Us
- We want to be your catalyst for change. New tools and technologies continue to evolve, so we are continuously learning. As we learn, grow and master new skills, we’ll share these new insights to help you grow your business and enhance profitability.
- We will always tell you the “Kind Truth”. We may work with other individuals in your organization, but we know you sit in the hot seat and make the tough calls. For that reason, we won’t sugarcoat our advice and we’ll call ‘em like we see ‘em. While the truth could hurt sometimes, our motives are pure.
- We will be responsive. When you call or send an email, we know time is of the essence. You are seeking advice or guidance to help make a critical business and financial decision. Our job is to support you in making the right call.
- We seek engagement and deep relationships. We want to know how your business is doing, what you did on your summer vacation and what keeps you awake at night. We want to have an impact on your next tax return by planning, evaluating and strategizing. This will require your participation and willingness to engage in an ongoing dialogue.
What We Expect From You
- You need to be engaged in your business. We want you to know and understand your numbers. We want you to have the desire to continuously improve and be receptive to our ideas and suggestions.
- You need to be transparent and forthcoming. We can’t read minds, and we struggle to manage “hidden agendas”. When we interact, we do so in an environment of confidentiality. What we say here, stays here, so let’s be open, honest and real.
- Your books and records need to be accurate and up-to-date. We can provide training and tools to help you and your team with this, as well as provide a fully-outsourced solution so that you have more time to focus on running your business.
- We expect prompt payment for our services. We welcome your questions about fees, and will furnish a timely response. After 30 days, however, we will have to suspend services.
- We expect a polite and respectful attitude towards all members of our team. We know there are days when patience is running thin and stress can get the best of us, but please remember we are here to help you. We are teammates!